Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013...

2013 has at last come around, and I myself know that I am certainly looking forward to a wonderful new year full of many new opportunities and exciting, new experiences.  Looking back upon 2012, I have realized that 2012 was a year that was full of a lot of change for me and it has been a pretty intense year.  Every single day of my life there are many people and different things such as advertisements and commercials influencing me, and last year more than ever I found myself tempted by those influences. Now more than ever I have realized just how important it is to stay true to yourself.  I have also realized that from the beginning of 2012 to the end, I am not the same person, and I have grown up a lot over the past year.  With growing up comes many new responsibilities and I have realized that I am so lucky to be able to have such a wonderful family that always give me so much support and encouragement.  I would never be who I am today without my family, especially my parents, and my friends too.  After reflecting further over 2012, I am very proud of myself for continuing to excel in school and winning more awards than I probably ever did, and I myself am very excited for a new year; I cannot wait to see what the future brings.

My New Year's Resolution would probably be to continue to work hard to stay true to myself, and not be as easily tempted by a lot of the advertisements and influences in school, on TV, etc.  Furthermore, I also want to continue to work hard on chasing after my dreams (outside of school), and to really go after something and never give up, if I really want it.  Someone once told me that you are stronger than you think you are.  Finally, in 2013, I want to remember that growing up doesn't mean changing who you are, but rather becoming an even stronger individual.  Lastly, I would like to thank my amazing family, and to never forget all that they have done for me, and all that I am sure they will do for me.
Good luck to everyone else in the New Year, and I hope that 2013 is filled with many new joyful memories and experiences!
                                             

~ Marissa

P.S. And always remember: You are stronger than you think you are. ~ Mrs.Mystrena

No comments:

Post a Comment