Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Eighth Grade Year!

Well, I am already in eighth grade, my last year here in the middle school!  I know that I should probably be feeling excited that I am going to be going into high school next year, but instead I am not really looking forward to having to grow up even more.  Seventh grade was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  The year went by so incredibly fast, and I still find myself remembering days from it as if they were yesterday.  Many people say that they don't enjoy eighth grade, and wish that they were back in seventh grade.  I personally however, am actually truly enjoying eighth grade.  It still is only October, but I still am having a great year!  The work load can be very overwhelming many nights, but the grades and the reward I receive in the end is worth every second of it.  I really like all of my teachers and classes, and I am already learning so much with only about two months into the school year.  This year I am on Team Achieve!  (Each grade level in the school is broken up into three teams.) Last year I was on Dreamcatchers which is the upstairs team, and this year I am once again on the upstairs team.  I personally really enjoy the upstairs hallways, and find that I enjoy them much more than the downstairs hallways.  Overall, my eighth grade year has gone great so far, and I am really looking forward to what the rest of the year will bring! The majority of kids that come to school do not appreciate this wonderful opportunity that they have to receive an education.  School and getting my education is one of the most important things to me, next to my family.  I am so thankful for this amazing opportunity that I have, and I never go a day without being grateful for it. 
 
~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment